IPL – Skin Improvement
Skin aging is unfortunately an inevitable part of becoming older and is caused by a reduced production of collagen and elastin. These are two skin-specific substances that are responsible for a vital, youthful and especially resilient skin.
WHAT is IPL?
IPL stands for Intense Pulse Light. Preventing skin aging is simple and painless with our IPL device. By exposing the skin to the so-called pulsating light, the skin will become healthier, fresher and younger. Certainly in combination with, for example, an additional cream or treatment, the effect will be wonderful as IPL reaches the deeper layers of the skin. IPL is therefore ideal for skin improvement.
IPL is perfect when you want to give the skin an extra boost. This can be in addition to your current facial treatment or as a separate treatment. IPL is always recommended in combination with the right products for the skin.
With this revolutionary technique different skin conditions can be treated, such as: acne, rosacea, skin aging, pigmentation spots and spider navea.
- Acne: Acne is one of the most common skin problems in our beauty institute. In addition to the ‘normal’ facial treatment, we can use IPL to fight acne even better. The flashes of the IPL destroy the acne bacteria. As a result, inflammation in the skin will disappear and the repair process of the skin will start. Depending on the type of acne, 6-10 treatments are required.
- Couperose, rosacea, spider navea and redness: The IPL device is ideal to reduce redness on the skin. When the redness has dissapeared, the skin will look younger, healthier and, above all, calmer. The warm light flashes of the IPL device ensure that the burst vessels are closed so that they are no longer visible. The redness on the skin will disappear. Depending on the type of redness, 3-5 treatments are required.
- Pigment stains: Removal of pigmentation spots, sun damage, pregnancy spots and / or age spots is achievable by the IPL device. The flashes of light are used on the skin. Each flash breaks down the pigment that is too much or too little in the spot. The spot will gradually disappear, on average after about 3 treatments.
- Skin aging: An aging skin will on average show more spots as wel as more redness. That is why the IPL is so ideal when you want to focus on reducing aging skin. Spots and redness will decrease, moreover when you do this over your entire face, this will also tighten the skin.
At Palais des Cosmétiques we always check whether the skin is suitable for this particular specialization.
Frequency: at Palais des Cosmétiques we always advise IPL in a cure or as a supplement to your facial treatment.
The amount of treatments you need can only be determined when the specialist has looked carefully at the skin and has a clear idea of your wishes and needs.
The result of the treatment is often not immediately visible. It may even be that the skin will show more redness than before, crusts may also appear on the face. Nevertheless, a tighter and smoother skin will appear in the course of time.
NEED TO KNOWS IPL
- It is important that you protect the skin against UV radiation well, before and after treatment;
- It is possible that you feel a burning sensation on the skin after the treatment;
- The treatment feels like very small injections on the skin;
- Do not go under a sunbed or in the sun for at least 4 weeks after the treatment;
- Showering after the treatment is allowed, pat the skin dry instead of rubbing;
- In case of redness, you can cool the skin with an icepack;
- We do not recommend the use of self-tanning creams or sprays. This can cause pigmentation spots;
- Do not touch or scratch any crust;
- The use of mineral makeup is allowed;
- Cosmetics and exfoliating products are only permitted once the redness has dissapeared;
Results are dependent on various personal factors and differences per person so guarantees are not possible. Therefore, always inform the specialist about the different treatment methods and your expectations.
Do you want to add it to your facial, you pay € 39,50.
Do you want to add it to your facial, you pay € 50,50.